Thursday, July 16, 2009

Take Me Out To The Ballgame


This is the view I had from my sweet seats at tonight's Braves/Mets game. It was great times. There really is nothing like a major league baseball game to make you feel like a kid again. Of course, it didn't hurt sitting five feet from the Mets' on deck circle. Some of the highlights of the night included Luis Castillo shooting DB a wry smile after DB pointed out that the fan in row 5 had better hands than Castillo and David Wright responding to a fan's request for him to come play first base for the Braves by asking, "Who is going to play third?" This, of course, prompted us all to ask if he was calling out Chipper Jones and Wright quickly responding, with a huge smile, that Chipper was his favorite player. Trust me, it was a fantastic moment. In fact, every time Wright came to the on deck circle, he interacted with the fans. I hate to admit it, but he seems like a really solid guy.
I also had a great time taunting Sheffield, my least favorite Brave of all time, and Frenchy, the most...well, I don't even know what he was. Whatever it was, I'm just glad it's over. At the end of the day, I threw out about 25 taunts and made contact on about 5. In other words, while not an impressive batting average, I'm still out performing Frenchy.