Monday, June 22, 2009

Redemption Revisited?

By now, more than enough words have been written by more than enough writers about today's back nine at Bethpage. Honestly, I don't feel as if I have much to add. Instead, I invite you all to re-read this column I posted nearly three years ago:

http://atlantawad.blogspot.com/2006/07/redemption-song.html

Granted, it looks like I was three years premature with this article, but after reading it, I think you will understand why this U.S. Open, even with all its flaws, will be one that I will never forget. For me, it was both exhilarating and, ultimately, bitterly disappointing. As I said back in July '06, however, a story of redemption is always one worth watching. Now, I'm just hoping this weekend only marked the beginning of one of the greatest redemption stories we may ever see.