Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Checking in...

There is so much I want to say about the Finals through two games, but I'll be honest with you, I just don't have it in me tonight. It's not that I'm too tired, or that I don't have the time. Nope. The reason is that I am watching Game 3 on a 21" non HD television in my hotel room. Honestly, it's 2009, is there any reason I should be subjected to watching an NBA Finals game in non-HD? I can't think of a single reason! While I'm thinking about it, here's a few more things in these NBA Finals I don't think I should ever have to be subjected to again:

1) Kobe's contrived under bite;

2) Any reference by Breen, Jackson, or JVG to Kobe "really wanting this", or being "a coach on the floor", or being anything other than a selfish and universally loathed teammate with exceptional scoring ability;

3) GM commercials that try to convince me a bankruptcy filing is a good thing for a company! Listen, GM, I appreciate the effort, but maybe you should have "gotten down to business" a while ago and you wouldn't have to convince me you aren't "going out of business". Listen, folks, if my employer fires me, I'm going to tell you that I didn't get "fired". Instead, I'm going to tell you I'm "getting fired up". You'll believe me, right?;

4) Luke Walton;

5) JJ Reddick;

6) The NBA publicly defending its refs and trying to convince us that they are not collectively worse at their jobs than GM management team (For God's sake, even Phil Jackson admitted Pau goal tended (is that a word?) at the end of Game 2);

7) The muppet commercials. This had the potential to be great, but the kid puppet should be beat;

8) Dorris Burke's useless questions to Phil Jackson and SVG;

9) Dorris Burke's unabashed longing for Kobe Bryant in every post game interview; and

10) Well, let's face it: all things Kobe. Between him, Dorris Burke, and the officiating, I'm tempted to watch "Leverage".