Thursday, February 26, 2009

Links anyone?

I had every intention of breaking down the merits of the Celtics signing Steph, but since I won't actually believe Danny Ainge is going to pull the trigger until he squeezes off the round, I'm holding off for now. Plus, given the facts that: 1) I'm aware everyone is not as big an NBA fan as me; and 2) I dropped 3,000 words of NBA talk on Tuesday, I decided to spare you for now....sort of.

Over the past several weeks, I've dropped more than a few references to my ever growing bromance (can we all agree that "bromance" is an upgrade from "man crush"?) with GP and CWebb. As a result, based on emails and conversations with many of you, I've made an alarming discovery. Specifically, many of you don't get NBATV. In addition to the sympathy I feel because you aren't able to watch random interviews with Connie Hawkins at 6:45 p.m. on a Thursday (granted, I may need a hobby), I'm devastated that you have not been able to share in the emergence of the greatest television duo since Larry Appleton and Balki Bartokomous. (Yes, I just made a "Perfect Strangers" reference. That just happened.) In order to rectify this situation and hopefully bring some joy to your lives, I give you, in no particular order, seven of my favorite GP and CWebb moments, courtesy of NBATV and Youtube:

7) The Wigs

6) "You were probably hugging Kobe" - If you haven't seen the show before, this is probably the best clip to show the gang's all around game.

5) Rondoooooooooooooooooooo

4) Marriage advice to Nene

3) Who bought the popcorn?

2) Nash - this is actually more about Steve Nash than the Dynamic Duo, but it's high comedy and worth a view.

1) The Greatest Hits

All kidding aside, in addition to being hilarious, these guys are incredibly insightful and offer some of the best NBA commentary you can find, especially CWebb.


Before we call it a weekend, a little housekeeping:

  • This week's "Really" goes to Brian Austin Green. That's right, The BAG, better known as David Silver, called it quits with Megan Fox this week. Reports indicate the split was mutual, which suggests The BAG had some choice in the matter. Given the current state of his career and the fact that he is closer to 40 than 30, it makes perfect sense that he would want out of his relationship with a 22 year old bombshell...or not. Nice call, BAG.

  • I can't believe it's taken four weeks to do this, but this week's link is Bill Simmons' site. The reasons should be obvious.