Thursday, September 25, 2008

For Informational Purposes Only

Hans made a great point the other day. I have been doing a terrible job with the most important column of the week, The Monday Morning Musings. In fact, I haven’t been writing them at all, so you might say I’ve been doing worse than terrible. At any rate, starting Monday, I will do better. Also, given the fact that television is finally roaring back into our lives, you can expect the return of Television Tuesday in the near future. Speaking of television’s triumphant return, I have to watch “The Office” and “Grey’s Anatomy” season premiers, as well as the USC game tonight, so there is no time for commentary, just the picks. And yes, my record is atrocious this year, but in my defense, I have been picking too many games with way too little research. In an attempt to rectify that problem, I’m scaling things back this week and only picking 10 college games and 10 pro games. Let’s see if this can get things moving in the right direction.

COLLEGE

1) Michigan St. -8.5 @ Indiana

2) UVA +7 @ Duke

3) Pitt -15 @ Syracuse

4) Florida -22 v. Ole Miss

5) Texas A&M -27.5 v. Army

6) Colorado +5.5 @ FSU

7) Wisconsin -6.5 @ Michigan

8) Arkansas @ Texas OVER 59

9) Wake -16 v. Navy

10) Alabama +6.5 @ UGA

11) Va. Tech +7 @ Nebraska (Okay, so I had to pick 11)

NFL

1) Carolina -6.5 v. Atlanta

2) N.O. -5.5 v. San Fran

3) Arizona +1.5 @ NYJ

4) Tennessee -3 v. Minnesota

5) Houston +7 @ Jax

6) Cleveland +3.5 @ Cincy

7) San Diego -7.5 @ Oakland

8) Washington +11 @ Dallas

9) Chicago +3 v. Philly

10) Pittsburgh -5 v. Baltimore