Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Comments Welcome

1) I just turned on the College World Series (by accident), and Fresno State is up 18-10 going to the bottom of the 8th. Why is this worth mentioning? Well, because this is exactly why I can't tolerate college baseball. Listen, I think there is a dismal lack of pitching in the majors, and way too many runs are scored in your average MLB game. Now, combine that with infinitely less talented pitchers, aluminum bats, and much shakier fielding, and ladies and gentlemen you have college baseball. Honestly, I can enjoy just about any sport in small doses, but not college baseball. Sure, you have some exceptions. There have been great college players that end up being great big leaguers, even some pitchers (I just learned that Orel Hersheiser played college baseball). But, at the end of the day, broadcasting college baseball on ESPN is the equivalent of broadcasting a law school moot court competition on national television. The only difference is that most, if not all, of those law students will eventually make a living a lawyers (And no, I am in no way endorsing any one attending law school...just want to be clear about that!)

And no, my opinion would be no different if Tech was playing. In all my years as a Tech fan and student, I've seen two baseball games in person, and for four years I lived less than half a mile from the stadium, and I worked for the athletic association! Listen, if you love college baseball, good for you. In fact, I would invite you to share what you enjoy about college baseball. I am honestly curious.

2) If you've ever seen a better music video than this, please share:

http://www.tmz.com/category/shaq-attack

3) Finally, if you know of a dumber man in America than Don Imus, please clue me in. Really, Don? Really?