Saturday, September 29, 2007

Karma

My picks were so terrible last week that I decided to suspend myself for one week. Now that I've served my time (and the WAD is still missing) here's what's on my mind.

Today I watched the OU/Colorado game up to the point that OU lead 24-7. Then I had to go to a wedding. Someone my wife works with. Someone I don't know at all. Good times.

I felt safe leaving with a 17 point lead. I even recorded the rest on my VCR (not DVR, Fite is cheap). I was looking forward to coming home to a taped ass-whipping. It was not to be.

I think the bad karma started when I posted Shalls' lock of the week. It was a snotty way to say he wanted Colorado +23. Then I left the Sooners to go to church. I'm a monotheistic disciple of the church of Stoops. I'm not sure what I was doing in that so-called "Baptist" house of worship. I'll never make that mistake again.

We heard the score at the reception, and it was a frosty drive home. Mrs. Me asked "are you going to be in a shitty mood from here on out today?" I answered "I've been in a shitty mood since you dragged me from the TV, so the loss really hasn't changed anything, has it?" Marital bliss.

So we get home and I put on the Longhorns game. My mood improved as I watched them get their asses kicked. OU still has a chance at the Big XII title.

From what I've seen of Texas this year, they've been vastly overrated. The only dominating win they've had was against Rice. I'm hopeful that OU's loss today will motivate the team to come out on fire next week.

Way to go Tech. If a GT win doesn't get the WAD posting, nothing will.