Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Bowl Season

Today is the day we've all been waiting for - the Poinsettia Bowl in lovely San Diego. Everybody needs to take a minute and register here for the WAD Bowl Pick contest.

Fite's links of the day:
  • It's official, the first trailer for Die Hard 4 is online.
  • I don't watch 24, but for those of you that do here's a little Christmas treat. In an effort to celebrate the diversity of the WAD's readership, I've also included this for our Jewish buddies and this for followers of Kwanzaa. (I didn't watch very much of the Kwanzaa video, not something I wanted running on a government computer. It looks promising and I can't wait to see it at home.)
  • This guy must have had a good lawyer.

I think one of the most interesting sports stories lately is Alabama's difficulty in finding a head coach. It seems to me that candidates reject Alabama because of the administration, in spite of its heritage as a great football school. Shula might not have been the best fit, but it doesn't seem like he had much of a chance. Next year would have been his first opportunity to coach a team that wasn't under NCAA sanctions, and it's hard to say how he would have done.

Now the Tide coachless 2 point underdogs to Oklahoma State (which seems a little low, I think they should be getting more points than that). They've got to find somebody, and find them fast, otherwise next year's recruiting class will be worthless.

Has anybody heard about any interesting candidates? Is Alabama still a top notch job?

Have a nice day,

Fite