Thursday, October 12, 2006

Tasteless Thursday

If you're learning to fly do it in upstate NY, not Manhattan. Pick a nice area with nothing around, and fly to your heart's content. I can't believe I'm saying this, but be responsible like Kellen Winslow: he was doing bike tricks in a parking lot where the only person he could hurt was himself.

Nobody knows what was going on in Lidle's plane. Maybe there were mechanical problems. Maybe he's a shitty pilot. Whatever happened, it should have happened far from one of the most densely populated cities on earth. But no, Lidle decided to learn to fly by circling high rise buildings.

If it's not obvious by now, I don't feel sorry for him at all. If you engage in risky activities in poorly chosen locations then you get what you get. Steve Irwin welcomed Lidle at the Pearly Gates (if Yankees are allowed in) and congratulated him on joining the "I found a stupid way to kill myself" club.

What can we do at the WAD? I suggest using these deaths to bring joy to the world. I'm putting out a call for the most tasteless comments on these two morons. I'll lead off with a few:


Lidle pitched well early, but he's definitely hit the wall this postseason.

Lidle was a bit concerned that his classes at the Flight Academy Training White Americans (FATWA) flight school never discussed landing.



Those of you that think I'm going to hell for this are wrong: I'm going to hell for other things. This just puts me in the express lane.


Have a nice day,

Fite