Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Karma

There's nothing like costing your team a game, and knowing that you did it. I was guilty on Saturday. With OU leading 10-7 at half, I thought "I need to wash my OU shirt so I can wear it to work on Monday." The second I thought it, I knew I had made a mistake. Texas scored 21 unanswered in the second half (thank you Paul Thompson) and that was that. My desire to parade around Austin in an OU shirt cost us the game. Not even Bob Stoops and Adrian Peterson can overcome idiotic fans.

You'd think that I learned a lesson, not so. Sunday I did the same damn thing. I was watching the Cowboys/Eagles with my Machi fantasy team pulled up online. On Dallas' last drive I turned off the computer, the fantasy win was in the bag. I was in the lead and Julius Jones is on my team. I figured if anything, my win would get bigger if Jones scored. The worst scenario I could imagine was Philly stopping the drive and then kneeling out the clock (Dallas had no timeouts). Of course we all know what happened: Bledsoe (my starting linebacker, as I was playing the Dallas D) threw a pick six. Then Akers, my opponent's kicker, adds a PAT. The combination of Dallas D allowing 7 more points and Akers' PAT snatched a tie from the jaws of victory.

As if all that wasn't bad enough, we get this terrible news. That's one bad weekend.


Have a nice day,

Fite