Wednesday, September 06, 2006

The Great Debate

So, I'm sitting here in a dingy hotel room in the glorious Panhandle of Florida trying to bring one long day of work to a close and staring down the barrel of another one tomorrow, and I figured I had three options for today's column:

a) I could ball it.

b) I could write 2,000 words on how hot Christina Aguilera suddenly looks. She just finished performing on Letterman, and I've got to tell you that rarely have I ever seen a comeback this strong. When she came out years ago, she was hot. Then, she went through her "I'm going to look like a total whore for no good reason" stage, which wasn't horrible, but it was definitely a step down. Now, she's outrageous. Granted, much like Floyd Landis, her great comeback has clearly been aided by....hmmmm...some performance enhancing medical treatment. But, unlike Landis, I just don't think anybody can complain about Christina's resurgence.

c) I could give you a little something to debate in my absence today.

Well, luckily for you, I have fought the urge, and I'm not going with the Christina angle. And, of course, by now it should be obvious that I'm not balling the column. So, that leaves us with the Great Debate:

Again, I'm going to keep it simple:

Which team was most impressive in Week 1 of the College Football season:

a) Tennessee

b) USC

c) Texas

d) Notre Dame

e) Florida State


There you have it. I look forward to your thoughts, and if you think some other team is worthy of mention, feel free to put it out there.