Monday, July 31, 2006

Monday Musings

No intro. No fluff. Let’s get the week off to a start with a bang:


  • The Braves are done. It’s July 31 and after nearly sixteen years, I am throwing in the towel. I’m done. It’s been a fun ride.

  • The Yankees got Bobby Abreu and Corey Lidle for less than a bag of balls and a box of H&H Bagels. I think I’m in more pain than Clooney when he lost his fingernails in “Syriana”.

  • So, Brian Finneran may be out for the season. Good thing the Falcons are so deep at receiver! Jesus, what’s next? Is somebody going to tell me that Floyd Landis was doping? AHHHHHHHHHH!

  • I went bowling Saturday night and in three games I failed to post a higher score than I did on the golf course earlier in the same day. The good news? I had a great Saturday with a little golf, a movie, and some bowling. The bad news? I suck at golf and bowling!

  • Well, amidst all the bad news from the weekend, there was at least one bright spot: “Miami Vice” was solid. Sure, some of the dialogue was cheesy, some of the acting was tough to believe, and some of the plot was disjointed, but at the end of the day it was two and a half hours of gratuitous sex and violence. How can you not like that?

So, as you can see, it wasn’t a very eventful weekend in the world of sports or The WAD, but fear not: I get the feeling that The WAD is about to become a very active place now that football season is squarely in the headlights. With the talk of fantasy football, the anticipation of parlays and teasers, and the release of “Snakes on a Plane”, September should be here before we know it. In the interim, however, if you have ideas for columns, or if you have something to get off your chest and would like to stand in as a guest writer someday, please let me know. At the end of the day, I write in the hopes of providing you with a little entertainment, so if you let me know what you want to see, it can only make The WAD a better place.