Monday, June 05, 2006

Airball

Sorry guys, I'm throwing up another airball today. Bad news is that I haven't left the office before 1:30 a.m. any of the past 5 nights, but the good news is that the misery should be over today. I wouldn't even know where to begin musing today. I didn't see Game 6 of the Pistons/Heat or Mavs/Suns. I didn't even see The Sopranos yet. I tried to watch it when I got home last night, but I fell asleep less than five minutes in. (Not necessarily a good sign when you are talking about a much anticipated season finale!) So, the long and the short of it is that I'm worthless to you today. I have nothing to give you. I have no money, I have no pride, I don't even know how we'll make a living. Oh sorry, a little Wyatt Earp from Tombstone slipped into my head! That's a little strange, and based on the quote...a little gay too. Okay, I'm delerious and babbling, so I'm stopping the touching of the keys. Have fun today, and if nothing else makes you laugh, just consider this post season movie quote/award that I handed out a few weeks ago:

18) Coach Norman Dale: If you put your effort and concentration into playing to your potential, to be the best that you can be, I don't care what the scoreboard says at the end of the game, in my book we're gonna be winners.

We’ll close with one of the real goose bump moments from “Hoosiers”, and I’m giving this one to the Cavs and anybody else that faces the Pistons the rest of the postseason, because a moral victory is all they can hope for. If the Pistons keep playing like this, there’s not a team out there that can even push them to a 7th game. It’s like Bird asked at the ’88 three point contest in Chicago, “Who’s finishing second?”


Ah, yea. Clearly I'm brilliant.

Prepare yourself, we are talking Sopranos and Diggler tomorrow. How's that for a tease?