Monday, May 22, 2006

Monday Musings

Well, I tried to post from home early this morning, but either my computer sucks or Comcast Cable sucks. Either way, I couldn't get it done. So, let's give it another shot. Here's the latest edition of Monday Musings, as well as the 200th column/article/entry/post in The WAD's history:

  • I'm really pumped to have Martina Hingis back in our lives. I'm a huge fan of her backhand.

  • Barry hit 714, and still I don't give a damn.

  • Roger Clemens has narrowed his choices of teams down to four, and he plans on making the big announcement in mid June, and still I don't give a damn.

  • Unfortunately, yesterday's Game 7 between the Cavs and Pistons was predictable. It really is true that the better team always wins a Best of 7 Series in basketball. Great run by the Cavs and just a prelude of things to come for the already legendary Lebron James.

  • Why in the world did the NBA not have a triple header of Game 7's yesterday? This makes absolutely no sense. Just line up one after another, and let's get on to the Conference Finals. But no, now I've got to stay up until all hours of the night to watch the Clippers tonight. I'm sure this has something to do with the NBA's contractual obligations to TNT, but it still infuriates me.

  • Speaking of tonight and television...2 Game 7's and the 2 hour season final of "24"!!!!! Let's just say that this one ranks up there in the all time nights of television. If you call me between 9 P.M. and 1 A.M., not only will I not answer, but our friendship will be over.

  • Could somebody make sure that Michael Barrett gets his Midol? We don't want any ugly repeats of what happened this weekend. Get over yourself kid. You were blocking the plate and you got crushed. That's the way it's supposed to go down. It doesn't matter that the guy that ran you over is an unabashed a-hole, you've just got to strap it up tighter next time.

  • There is no creepier place on Earth than the Apple Store at Lennox. Trust me on this. Those people are strange, and the music they pump is straight out of "Sprockets." And, despite the fact that they are working retail after dropping out of community college, they all think they are smarter than you. In truth, it's probably not much different than the Democratic National Convention. Just two dreadful places to avoid at all costs.

  • Have you seen the new Gatorade World Cup Commercial with the "Go Home Yankees" signs? Man, this is a great one. I get really pumped every time I see it. I couldn't care less about soccer, actually, I think it's an intolerable sport, but when it comes to World Cup I'm on board. The level of outrage that everybody else in the world would feel if we somehow won this thing just makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

  • R.I.P. Vito and Marissa. I mean, you both almost killed your shows, but you both died before you could finish them off. So, we have that to be thankful for.