Monday, May 15, 2006

Monday Musings

Sorry for the late posting today, but this is one of those dreaded days where the real job gets in the way. Nothing like the Monday morning after being out of the office on a Friday! So, just to get things started for you today, here's an abbreviated version of Monday Musings. More like Monday random thoughts:


  • I've been to Nashville a couple of times now, and I really don't see much reason to go back. It's a nice town, but not remarkable.

  • This Clippers vs. Suns series is as entertaining as it gets. Lots of points, lots of dunks, and Sam Cassell is involved. Can you ask for more?

  • What else could possibly go wrong for Vito? Seriously, it's just getting painful to watch his demise.

  • What are the odds that Phil Leotardo tries to kill Tony at some point? I put them at 1 to 7.

  • Is there anything more entertaining that sitting around drinking bourbon and tossing around quotes from "Hoosiers" with old friends? I don't think so.

  • I had a conversation with a buddy this weekend that has first hand knowledge of Lebron's greatness. He said, "if he doesn't get hurt, he will absolutely be the greatest to ever play the game." Yes, we are all lucky to be witnesses.

  • My buddy, Timmy, emailed me this morning about last night's "Grey's Anatomy", and I agree with his take: We could be seeing the first time in television history that an average season of a t.v. show is elevated to Hall of Fame status with the season finale. Last night was amazing, and tonight has the potential to be legendary.

  • Let me get this straight, the Knicks have $125 million in payroll committed for next year, and they are going to pay Larry Brown $40 million to walk away? Seems reasonable. Again, I am begging, GIVE ME THIS JOB!!!!

  • Nice hustle Adam Laroche. I appreciate the effort!

  • This just in....Billy Knight thinks he's smarter than you. No, stop laughing. He's serious!

  • 5 lbs. in your back pack, a gun in your console, and the best you can come up with is "it isn't mine?" C'mon Ramonce! You are a national champion, you can do better than that!

  • Finally, let me put this in perspective: Last Wednesday, my best friend gets engaged. Then, on Saturday, one of my oldest and best friends gets married. Now, this Saturday, another one of my best friends is saying "I do." At this rate, I'm destined to be the George Clooney of my group of friends. Well, minus the good looks, the wealth, and the endless stream of hot women. But, I ask you this....does Clooney have his own blog or live on a sun porch? I think not! Seriously, congratulations to Colby, Kyle, and Alec. They have all undoubtedly out punted their coverage, and I'm very proud of them all.

  • And, I'm gone....