Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Holiday Musings

Some of my thoughts to get you started on your abbreviated week:

  • Despite what The Chuckster may think, the Suns aren't done yet. I've learned my lesson with these guys. Just when you think you are finally going to be rid of them, they find a way to steal a win. They remind me so much of the Steelers...average team with glaring flaws led by a wildly overrated white dude. Well, we know how that ended for the Steelers. The lesson? I have no idea, but I'm just saying that the Suns aren't done! If they lose Game 4, however, they will then be done.

  • The Pistons, however, are done. Let the Flip Saunders bashing begin. Oh, I'm sorry, it already has. Thanks Sheed!

  • Thank God the first Monday without "24" was a Holiday...it softened the blow a little bit.

  • I bought gas for $2.57/gallon in Marion, SC yesterday. This is the cheapest I've seen gas in weeks!!! I've got no problem with the gas and oil companies charging a lot for gas, but when they decrease the price on one of the most traveled weekends of the year, that just offends my sensibilities as a capitalist, and that really pisses me off.

  • Don't miss VH1's countdown of Maxim's Hot 100 tonight. You are welcome.

  • Just as a heads up, the final round of this year's U.S. Open at Winged Foot will be played on Fathers' Day. If you'd like to bet against Tiger please call me. Please.

  • Gilbert Arenas finally made the leap to super star this weekend as he was arrested on South Beach! He reportedly said "you can't arrest me, I'm a basketball player. I play for the Washington Wizards and I'm not leaving my teammate." Now, if only the Wizards could take translate that mentality to their team defense, they might have something.

  • Paris Hilton is reportedly releasing a hip-hop and reggae album. Are you kidding me? I don't even have a joke here!

  • Don't look now, but Nomar is hitting .362 with 34 rbi's. Is it possible that he can stay healthy for an entire season and regain his standing as one of the best hitters in baseball? I hope so.

  • Finally, congratulations to Coach Bobby Cremins for being named as an inductee to the Atlanta Sports Hall of Fame. This is a long overdue honor. He will be inducted on June 9. For all of you Tech fans out there, when you walk into Bobby Dodd Stadium on September 2 to watch the Jackets square off against Notre Dame in what is expected to be the highest rated regular season college football game in ABC's history, you should remember that none of this would have been possible if Dr. Rice hadn't plucked the prematurely grey haired man from Boone, N.C. back in 1981. Even more than all the wins, the Final Four, and the three ACC Championships, Bobby Cremins should always be remembered as the man that saved Georgia Tech Athletics. Not just basketball, but athletics. And yes, that's a fact.