Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Dropping a Dime

I'm swamped again (trying to get those billables before the end of the month), so I solicited a little help from my friends, and as always, Fite was there to drop the dime. (that's "make an assist" for all of you that don't know). First, he shot me over some random thoughts about the great city of Kansas City (I have no clue why he cares, but he seems passionate, so just let him go with it), and then he provided a few links to some of the best and the worst the Web has to offer today. So, a big "Boomer" goes out to Fite, and I'll be back in force tomorrow. Now, I will get out of the way and turn it over to The Oklahoma Kid:

Kansas City...Kansas City Here I Come

One thing I haven't heard very much about is the Chiefs' abandoned bid to host the Super Bowl. KC taxpayers had already approved renovations for Arrowhead and Kauffman, but the owners wanted a moving roof that would make either one climate controlled. The plan was eventually scrapped, but it sounds like one of the dumbest things I've ever heard.

First, there is no reason to put a dome on Kauffman. None. As for Arrowhead, I would think the Chiefs would want the weather to come into play during playoff games. I saw the Big XII championship game there in a snowstorm, and it was an incredible venue. (In case you are wondering, yes that was the game in which the Sooners beat K State and went on to dominate FSU in the Orange Bowl). Getting one Super Bowl just isn't worth the cost of creating the most idiotic stadium feature I've seen in a long time.

http://www.kctv5.com/Global/story.asp?S=4390627


Around The Web:

Here's an interesting piece of legislation:
http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/asiapcf/05/30/taiwan.parliament.reut/index.html

Just when you thought it was safe to eat a muffin, the terrorists had to go and ruin everything.
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/metropolitan/3901059.html