Wednesday, April 26, 2006

So, maybe there is something to this growing "WAD Man of The Week" jinx theory. I'm not ready to take responsibility for Lebron looking his age last night, but suffice it to say that if he lays another egg in Game 3, I'm taking the picture down. I can't live with that kind of guilt. As long as we are on the subject of the NBA, let me take this opportunity to once again jam my renewed love for The League down your throat. Seriously, if you didn't watch the Spurs/Kings game last night, you only cheated yourself. It was like the old days. Lots of points, great shooting, and everybody raising their game to another level. Plus, we got to see Shareef Abdur Rahim emerge from his cryogenic freeze right in front of our eyes. Consider this a major victory for modern science. Lucky for the Spurs, Drew Barry apparently tought his brother to master the "in and out off the glass" three from the corner. I'm going to say it one more time, and I promise I won't say it again: The NBA is back, and it's FANTASTIC.

Well, I've received a few requests (most of them from loyal reader Stats) to give you my take on the "other" playoffs taking place right now. I'm, of course, referring to the NHL battle for the Stanley Cup. Since I always aim to please my readers, I've decided to indulge the requests. So, without further ado, here's how I think the race for the Cup shakes out:

Well......uh.......you see..........um........yea, I've got nothing! Absolutely nothing!


See you tomorrow for some Hot Routes and the Thursday afternoon Caption Contest. As always, if you've got a good caption, send it my way. The new email address for The WAD is atlwad@gmail.com